Migration service migrates a customer’s Oracle environment to a standardized deployment on a proven reference configuration. Greenware Technologies works seamlessly with your organization to provide the technical migration, while your team provides the functional migration.
Many factors drive the need for migration. Most of the cases being changing business needs or ‘end of support’ scenario. Many organizations also adopt a migration strategy to standardize their present IT systems into one coherent set which is more powerful and robust than the current running version.
Some of the other reasons are:-
- Moving from Legacy to New Application.
- Upgrading to new version of applications and the existing OS becomes unstable.
- Moving from Multiple Instance to Fewer Instances.
- Merger & Acquisition Integration.
- Legacy Retirement.
- Ease of Outsourcing Maintenance.
Migration service ensures a rapid and cost effective migration by leveraging Oracle’s experience migrating hundreds of customers to On Demand. This service is delivered using Oracle’s tools, methodologies, and best practices, and includes technical migration from an off-line Oracle environment to an environment where Oracle hosts and manages our software.
- Test migrations and a final migration to Production.
- Platform migration.
- Production Readiness Assessment.
- Post Go-Live support.
Greenware Technologies Migration services include:
- Impact analysis for 11i/ R 12 upgrade.
- Upgrade of earlier Application releases (9.x/ 10.7/ 11.0.x) to R12.
- Upgrade of earlier Database versions (8i/ 9i/ 10g) to 11g.
- Upgrade of middleware from previous versions to the latest version.
Greenware Technologies Solutions features the following capabilities
- Skilled Migration specialist who understands the technology and domain.
- Robust experience in Platform and Data Migration.
- Seamless Migration from any platform (MS, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Tru64, etc.) to Linux.
- Pre-built generic conversion and interface programs for various data components.
- Migration of terabytes of legacy data to new Linux systems.
- Reorganize database, which can reduce space fragmentation, improve performance and data availability.
- Delivers best practices using standardized methodology, process, tools and resources.
- Converts data as well as the application without any change in the business logic.
- Takes care of client’s conversion of stored procedures and triggers.
- Maintains the same look and feel of the existing application to avoid high post-training costs.
- Leverages the power of client’s enterprise wide spending through one system with built-in localization of languages, currencies, and business processes.
Upgrade service transforms an On Demand customer’s Oracle E-Business Suite R 11i.5.x environment to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12. Oracle On Demand’s streamlined upgrade service is designed and built to provide for ongoing operability and with software management efficiencies in mind. We accelerate time-to-value for new Oracle E-Business Suite R12 capabilities. This service is delivered using Oracle tools, methodologies, and best practices, and includes technical Upgrade, including upgrade of the platform, Oracle Application Server, Oracle Database, Oracle Forms and Reports, and Oracle Applications.
Functional upgrade including determining the impact of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 on current business flows, determining set-ups to accomplish customer’s business processes, and assistance in resolution of functional issues.
Functional testing, including updating customer’s existing E-Business Suite test scripts to reflect valid navigation paths for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, developing new Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 test scripts, performing regression testing to test Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 upgrades applications.